Monday, June 14, 2010

The Talbot Arms


Lyme Road
Uplyme
Devon
DT7 3TF

After decorating Uplyme Town Hall to the rafters in preparation for K&A's wedding, a few of us trotted across the road to The Talbot Arms for sustenance. There was a lovely pub garden where we stayed until the setting sun and quickly cooling temperatures forced us inside. I ordered some fish and chips since that's what you do in seaside towns in England. The massive specimen above appeared, and luckily I was starving as I hadn't eaten in about nine hours. The fish did start to taste quite greasy about halfway through so I ended up peeling off quite a bit of the batter, but the chips were crisp and hot through the entire meal. I don't like tartar sauce enough to eat the stuff out of packets so I just stuck to the fish with some lemon this time. This was fine for our first dinner in Lyme Regis, but little did I know that better fish and chips were to come in a couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment